Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Thinking of you

Celebrating Veterans Day and sending heartfelt thank you's to all our service people and veterans.  Thank you for your service to our country.  At parades I love standing and clapping for the veterans marching in the band.  These are the people who are truly our heroes.

My son is a veteran of Iraq.  He was deployed in 2008-2009.  He was in the 82nd Airborne in the United States Army.



Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is dedicating this week's challenge to thinking of you.  I used Mojo Monday's sketch this week.  I made a leaf card using brown, kraft and orange cardstock.  The orange cardstock is run through and inked cuddlebug swirl folder.  I like this simple step to give texture to the card.  Do you remember mullberry paper?  This comes from the depth of the craft room but I still love using it.  Wetting the edges of the mullberry paper and tearing it to give it the frayed edges.  I fussy cut the leaf and added it.  Then I stamped just having one of those thinking of you days to complete the card.
I worked today getting my cards ready for
Print








What a wonderful project and thank you gals for collecting the cards and sending them to the nursing homes.  My family sat down and signed the cards together.  I hope the cards will bring joy to their hearts and smiles to their faces.
I am posting this card to:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Mulberry paper - that's a product you don't see very often anymore! Maybe we should bring it back in style. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and your family for your service - I can't imagine how hard it would be to see your child deployed.
    Your card is AWESOME and mulberry paper - I love that stuff, and don't use it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete