Friday, January 9, 2015

Honk! Honk! Beep! Beep!

Clear the roads! Neighbors, my youngest son, Wyatt, will be driving this year!! Actually, I am excited. Because of my vision, I have to schedule rides. At least three days in advance and tell them everywhere you want to go otherwise, there will be no unscheduled stops. My "drivers" are fantastic people and I appreciate their service.
Over the last few years they have become my friends. I have also become more organized so I have all the stops and stuff organized for my outing. Wyatt, however, continues to remind me that he will be driving this year. I am sure he will be ready to go to drive me...even crazy!!



Already, he is taller than me.

Using my NBUS black Copic marker, I tried to create some subway art. I cut NEW DRIVER out on the cricket. Then I tried to use it as a stencil but it didn't work and I kinda liked the image that was left on the stencil. Using DI, wild enough for my 15 year old, I created the background. (Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed).


An inked cuttlebug folder, created some texture. I used various fonts and colored them with my BCM. I cut an exagerated car key out... and then lost the car key!! I did not go on a search, I cut a new one out for his hot new ride. His ride is a yellow bug, that was stamped and colored, with tissue paper exhaust.



New is the theme and tissue is the optional element at Mixed Media Challenge.
http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/01/challenge-7-inspiration-cards.html


Stamplorations http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-challenge-stamps-inks.html monthly challenge is stamps and inks so it will be linked there too.


New is also the theme at The Crafters Cafe Challenge Blog
http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/

I also want to post this to Tim Holts's 12 tags of 2015 as new is the challenge there.
http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2015-january/
http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/01/happy-new-year-2015-nbus-challenge-3.html


Well, I am outta gas so thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! The background is SO cool. I bet you are just over the moon that he will be able to take you on unscheduled stops all the time! But a little terrifying too! This one is definitely going on my Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not worried about his driving...I can not see what we would hit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Jerrie, so hard to remember - when you see your work - that you are legally blind! You are a true inspiration! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a new turn of adventure for both you and your son! You tag is smashing! And your son looks "on top of his world." ...Jan

    PS. I wrote a response on my blog regarding your question. Hope you saw it! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, Thank you. I saw it yesterday and can not wait to get to Joanne's to get my supplies. I already have a tag in mind. Thank you so much. I love your project you made with the rocks.

      Delete
  5. What an awesome keepsake tag for your son to remember the time he first got his license to drive! I think that aspect of it is so cool, Jerrie, in addition to the fact that it is just karazy perfect for him!! I got such a kick out of the tissue paper exhaust!! You and your son are about to embark on a whole new layer of your relationship, sharing time together in the car! Thank you so much for linking for the third time to my NBUS Challenge #3!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this, Jerrie - it's such fun! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun! What a clever way to included the tissue! I hope you have many happy journeys together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cool! love the bright happy colours and the design! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete