Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I have wanted to try stenciling and embossing paste for a while. I would see Becca post her creations and call and ask how she did it. Patiently she would explain. That would satisfy me until I saw another post. Becca would get another call asking how she had done her creation. Patiently Becca would explain. Sunday, when she posted her first post on the STAMPloration blog hop I asked how to stencil using the negative and Monday she explained it on her post http://www.damselofdistressedcards.blogspot.com/2015/03/stencils-and-spray-stains.html
. Well, Becca, I think my questions have been answered. (Thank goodness, I think she would have quit answering the phone)!! I am so thankful Shery at STAMPlorations is doing the blog hop to give us insite on how to use stencils. The design team have posted great inspiration projects.

I have wanted to use this stamp set by Stamps by Judith for a long time. It is ten plus years old and not used yet. I really wanted a negative imprint of the Bubbles ARTplorations stencil but settled for the positive imprint. After stenciling on the cardstock, by using a sponge and Spiced Marmalade DI
I stamped and cut out the cat, mouse, sign, bird and fish images. Then they were colored and glued on the card. Then I drew lines with the Zig marker to connect them.
A Few Of My Favorite Things is linked to:
Eureka Stamps http://eurekastamps.blogspot.com/2015/03/eureka-stamps-challenge-131-anything.htmlSTAMPlorationshttp://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/03/march-challenge-stamps-stencils.html

5 comments:

  1. Haha - that cat looks so smug! Hooray for stencils! It's like a whole new world, huh? As for the phone calls... I'll never stop taking them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG> This is just sooooo cute. Love this.. Thanks for joining us over at Eureka STamps..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the stencil bug now Jerrie, this is such a fun image.
    Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very good at using the stencil Jerrie! Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations:)

    ReplyDelete