Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Circle This

Sketch number 32 at STAMPloratioons is a stumper. I am not a clean and simple card maker and I think this sketch lends itself to the CAS style. I also wanted to incorporate Due Date from Simon Says Monday Challenge into the card.

I cut a circle in the center of the card and stamped a grunge image on the inside. A date stamp was also stamped into the image. Then using Distressed paints, flowers were stamped. Love the orange and purple together. I took a paint brush end and dotted around the outside of the circle. Sequins and bling were added.


Circle This is linked to:
STAMPlorations http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/04/bi-weekly-sketch-challenge-32.html
Simon Says http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=2614
DL Art http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2015/04/dlart-april-linky-challenge.html

5 comments:

  1. I love the painterly effect you created by using Distress paints to stamp the flowers and leaves, Jerrie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grungy and painty and super cool! I love when you start experimenting because cool things happen. Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely clever combo of elegance and grunge! I really like how you created the grungy interior and how it shows through the circle. And then to pair it with those lovely flowers! Wow! I really enjoyed your interpretation of our theme and think this turned out wonderfully. Thank you so much for sharing your remarkable talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear nothing stops you as your card is grungy and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fabulous design. I love your flowers and those sequins and blings. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete